Friday, February 3, 2012

A Cute Frivolous Thing

I've wanted to get one of those key chain cameras for a while, but it's never really been on my high priority list until recently. Sifting through the EGL community, I was linked to Chocomint and subsequently spent far too long on one of my sick days, sifting through all the cute things and adding a bunch of frivolous items to my wish list.

Which ultimately led me to this ~>



It's a small pink chocolate keychain camera 83







The cost wasn't any more than it would be for the Clover-San (which was on the possible list when I was deciding to get one) so I thought I'd give it a go. It didn't take too long to arrive, the shopping service for Chocomint is very fast and efficient (will definitely order from them again). Initially I wasn't sure I'd actually be able to use it though, because the install disk (and everything in between) is all 100% completely Japanese, but I plugged it in to find that the compy recognized it immediately, then found an English patch so poof! Instant usable chocolate camera.

The battery is completely internal and while it has the capacity to take and store over 7K in photos, the only problem I've found is that you have to leave it on all the time or it'll erase everything you've done. The downside of that is that I don't know how long the battery is meant to last (because of the fact that all of the instructions are in kanji D:), but the upside I've found, is that it has a 'sleeper mode' and will switch off on its own after about 5 mins or so when left on.

I'm still working out the how-to's on the camera, because the modes are explained in a language I can't read (so I'm trial and error-ing it... a lot -haha) but I like it so far just the same. I'm not sure I can say it's worth the purchase price though, mainly because of the lack of reader card or a way to replace the battery should it die completely. But then again, it isn't exactly meant to be more than a cute and cheap pocket accessory anyway, I'm sure.

As for the picture quality ?



Not too shabby, if you consider the size. Even still, I haven't marked that Clover-san min camera from my list -haha

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I've been eyeballing these kinds of cameras for a while, too. They're just so adorable looking! It's good to know they're easy to install. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That camera definitely wins the cutest cam award. I'm always so surprised that something so small can actually work!

    ReplyDelete