Sunday, August 19, 2012

Early Morning Hours

I love waking up to the rain, it clears the air and makes me feel so much like I'm still in Seattle. At least here anyway, because when it rained in VA it wasn't very pleasant at all (often it was too hot and muggy, and instead of being uplifted by the downfall, the scenery was often bleak, leaving me feeling rather blah in the end...)

The only problem is poor Mister, we came back from a shortened morning walk with her soaked to the bone (I had an umbrella but she's so low to the ground that it doesn't do her much good -haha) -I think the next time I travel to the pet store I should invest in a raincoat for her so she won't get so thoroughly wet ^^;

Anywho, here are some pics from the porch this morning. Simple in nature, but I find them calming. Then again, I always find the rain pretty calming.

I've also finally sorted out the last of my 365 day photos and uploaded them to my project site, then decided to start up Year 2. This year though, the challenge is that every daily picture I take must be done with my Cybershot pink camera and not the canon. I've decided this because over the years, I've grown a little disenchanted with the idea of the more expensive DSLRs (or rather, I should say that it's the stigma that's attached to them these days that I've become disenchanted with. I'm a little tired of the overall opinion being that you can't take a good picture without a shell of a camera that costs a thousand and up so I'd like to prove to myself that I am still capable of taking halfway decent shots with my "cheaper" cam and plan to do just that). Whether I succeed or not, remains to be seen...

So here we are, what I've done so far ->

Year 2 . Day 1

Year 2 . Day 2

Previous days, including all of the ending to year one is up ->HERE

Hope you all are having a good morning as well ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Mister in a raincoat will be all kinds of cute >.<

    Go go pink cam! I definitely agree that it's more about knowing what to do with the camera than the camera itself. Good shots shouldn't cost $1000+

    ReplyDelete