Sunday, August 5, 2012

A crafting sort of day...

The move has been completed and I'm finally starting to get myself organized again. So hello again, to my few followers, I promise from now on that I'll do better at keeping this journal updated more frequently from here on out.

Today I took a trip down to the Asian Market with a friend. It's been a while since I've been in one and was so happy to find they had the brand of Vietnamese coffees I so love. I ended up buying two bags to tide me over, since it will probably be another month before I'll get to go again. I also walked away with Udon, fishcake, milk caramels and more. on the way out we stopped at their bakery and I got myself a custard cream bun (so delicious) and my daughter an egg tart.

Once home it was cleaning day so I spent a few hours cleaning everything top to bottom, only to follow it up with a couple hours of hand sewing time.

I'm not too fond of hand sewing because my stitches never look even enough for me, but this particular project requires it so I'm trying not to be too critical about it. I have an issue with hating on my work while it's in progress to the point that I'll drop things off without finishing them and I'm trying not to do that here. I'm forcing myself to follow through and only allowing myself to judge it at the end. ^^;

It's been a good lazy couple of hours though, and I think I need to find the time to do this more often.

Mister spent her time sleeping as you can see, and looking adorable throughout it. Speaking of Mister, she's awake now and looking for her evening walk so I will have to sign off. It's taken five minutes longer than it should have to type this because she keeps shoving her nose into my hands to tell me it's time to go -haha

1 comment:

  1. The Asian market was lots of [tasty] win. Next time we'll check out the prepared hot food section for sure.

    Crafting days are always awesome and perfect for relaxing weekend times ^__^

    The patchwork looks great and I love all those colors and textures together.

    ReplyDelete