Sunday, March 17, 2013

OOTD : Bubblegum Parfait

Skirt - Modified Modcloth | Pink Blouse - F21 | Pinafore Blouse - Thrifted | Pantaloons - Metamorphose | Tights - F21 | Lace Socks - Etsy | Shoes - Montreal | Coat - F21 | JellyDrop Ring - Angelic Pretty | Necklace, bracelets, hair bobs - Handmade, Etsy

I wore this yesterday for my weekly shopping day. the skirt was actually a dress I bought from Modcloth last year. I wanted it because I loved the gradient ruffle tiers, but once I got it in person, I found that it was both too short for me (which is amazing, considering I'm 5'2") and I really disliked the way the top portion of it crossed. I planned to sell it or donate it, but never got around to it so it just sat unloved and unused in my closet the entire time.

When I did my closet cleaning all those months back, I pulled it down to have a look at it again only to realize that the way it had been put together would be pretty easy to convert because the top portion and the skirt were separated in two sections by a red gathered belt. Last week I finally got around to making the adjustment and I'm so happy I did, because I absolutely adore it as a skirt. It's just the right length now and I don't have to argue with my body over how the top fits, plus I think it's going to be much more versatile this way. I definitely plan on getting a ton of usage out of it now because it's so light and airy and the peaches and pinks are just perfect for spring ^_^

I also managed to snag this from the EGL Sales community a while back and I'm so glad I did. I've wanted this set forever =O Now all I need to do is get pink bunny version from Angelic Pretty before it's gone, that way I'll have the matching set. I have this thing about clear colored jelly looking stuff, it's like some weird plastic treasure I have a compulsion to possess -haha.

Shhh, I'm in disguise 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment