Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Birthday Deal

Last week, my chibi turned 19 years old. This made me cry a little on the inside because my baby, she's starting to become all growned up (Only one more year until she's no longer a 'teen' -eek!) D:

She didn't really want anything special done (not even a dinner o_o;) but myself and our room mate decided she had to have something so we took her out to get Vietnamese foods at a place called Pho Far East, and it was wonderful. It's been almost 2 years now since we've had Vietnamese food, VA was sadly lacking in any real asian culture (actually, it prolly wasn't on a whole, but we personally weren't around it and had no access), and here, it's really just been a matter of accessibility that's held us back. I found that I missed it something fierce.

Anywho, this is the outfit I wore...


JSK - Innocent World | Blouse - Ruche | Bolero - Vintage | Tights - F21 | Bloomers - Metamorphose | Socks - Etsy | Shoes - Poetic License | Mitts - Vintage | Coat - Offbrand | Jewelry and Hair Bobs- Handmade, Target, Etsy, Silverworks | Purse - TaoBao

I really should have taken off my jacket for these shots, because I spaced getting pics of the cuteness that was underneath. I was wearing my vintage crochet half bolero with pottery cookie pins anchoring it to the JSK straps, and my pretty lace blouse. Boo, next time then, it's starting to get too warm for the jacket anyway.

These took about a billion years too long to do, and they don't show up well in the pics but they are super iridescent and sparkly with gold bling at the tips. Yeah, these will last about 5 mins after I start sewing on monday -lol. <-They are already chipped and partially gone xD

at the restaurant, I got some Vietnamese coffees. I think I've found that I like it better in packets (there were a lot of coffee grounds in mine and while I managed to get most of them out, the thought of hitting one put my off a little from it on a whole).

My foods, omg so good. Rice noodles, pork and shrimp. I did make the mistake of dumping the entire bowl of fish sauce on it, which in the past has been no problem, but this place put a clump of Sriracha in there and it was pretty spicy. Still good though, just had to keep a tissue for my nose closeby while I was eating xD I forgot to get a pic of the spring rolls, but we had those too and oh how I've missed them. Rice noodles, bean sprouts, lettuce ,pork and shrimp wrapped with rice paper with a side of peanut dipping sauce. I could eat about a duffel bag's worth of them right now *_*

It was a good day - full, but good. My chibi was happy enough (She's now on a Yugioh Zexal marathon because I got her the DVD set) and she liked her gifties (she got all the peeps, Zexal DVD set, Target gift card and some megaman shirts). Once home we also ate a white cake with white chocolate and cream cheese frosting, with a cream center filled with blondie bites, then more cream and caramel on top, with vanilla bean iced cream as a side to celebrate <-It was amazing, but I felt like a puffy marshed mallow for the rest of the night after I ate my small slice -haha.

Now to end this, have some bonus Mister shots because she's adorable and cute =3

Cuteeeeeee <3

1 comment: