Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Holiday Rush

Welp, it's coming up soon, isn't it? Christmas... I swear every year I tell myself that I'll start everything early. I even make grandiose plans for it -lists, wishlists, decor ideas, you name it. I tell myself that instead of rushing around and scrambling last minute to get things bought, crafted, sewn and done, I'll be on it months beforehand. Every year I say to myself that this time... this time around, things will be done on time.

So what happens instead? I put it off and I put it off, or things come up and it gets put off for me but before I know it's December and I'm realizing that I only have 10 some days to get my act together just so everyone will get their gifts before the start of the next year itself. You'd think that after all these years I'd learn but sadly... you can't teach an old Mouse new tricks.

Or some such ~_~

Bah, humbug I say. Ah well, at least the decor is up right?



All the pretty blue and white. It gives off such a Wintery feel and I love it.



Though despite all the pretty sparkly lights, my sewing area currently looks like this ->


XD

Like I said, maybe I'll get my act together early one of these years. Not likely after all this time, but eh, you never know. Miracles can happen, right?

2 comments:

  1. I think I say the same thing every year, but so very rarely manage to actually have everything prepared by Christmas Day XD So you're definitely not alone in that boat!

    Pretty decor is pretty and very in tune with the holiday spirit. And I think your sewing area looks productive, not messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one xD

    It does in that pic, but that was before I actually started cutting to sew, now it just looks like a table filled jumbled mess >.<;;

    ReplyDelete