Saturday, February 2, 2013

OOTD: Pastel Windows

Blouse - Forever 21 | Pinafore - Offbrand | Skirt - Metamorphose | Bloomers - Metamorphose | Tights - Forever 21 | Socks - Offbrand | Jacket - Offbrand | Boots - Bodyline | Bonnet - Vintage | Collar - Handmade | Cuffs - Silverworks | Jewelry - Handmade, Vintage, Etsy

Did some shopping with the Rabbit today and this is what I wore. I bought the bonnet from a vintage shoppe a few weeks back and today was the first day I wore it out. I've been enchanted with the idea of bonnets for a while and despite the fact that I wasn't sure whether or not I could pull them off, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. At first I thought about making my own but the supplies would have cost just as much as this already finished one so I went vintage instead. I'm glad I did because I find it lovely. Larger bonnets (mainly the kind that are popular/standard in lolita) aren't really my thing because they look a little too 'bobeep' and costumey imo and while there are some that can wear them perfectly, I know I'm not one of those people, but these smaller ones suit me better than I imagined. I already love this bonnet and am planning for more!

During the outing, I got stopped a few times by older ladies asking about my bonnet or complimenting it along with my mode of dress. I can see why, the style of hats in general should never have gone out as far as I'm concerned ^_^

Mister of course doesn't care what I have on my head so long as she gets her walk. Here you can see her impatience while I try to get her to pose for the camera just a little longer...

She wasn't exactly having it -haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment